About Joy Katzen-Guthrie ... Licensing the Music

Katzen and Guthrie Associates, Inc. and Tune-of-the-Century Music® will license the original music and sound recordings of Joy Katzen-Guthrie for performance, synchronization, recording, internet, and other projects

For licensing requests, please send an email to joyfulnoise@earthlink.net, noting in the subject line: "LICENSING" or "LICENSING REQUEST." Please indicate your company or name and indicate your project in which you would like to license the music, as well as the specific song(s) or the type of songs you are seeking.

Or you may mail a letter with this information to:
Tune-of-the-Century Music®
P. O. Box 1257
Palm Harbor, FL 34682-1257

Please provide the following information in your request:

  • Your name, company name, address, email address, telephone number
  • Your project name
  • Description of project, including budget information
  • CD title(s) or song title(s) you desire to license or type of material you are seeking
  • Track length(s) of your recording of the song
  • Number of units to be produced
  • Estimated budget and distribution of the project if licensing is not by statutory rate

Statutory Rate Licensing

All individual songs (music and lyrics only, not sound recordings) are available for license at the statutory rate of the US Copyright Act. As of January 1, 2006 the statutory mechanical rate is 9.10 Cents for songs 5 minutes or less or 1.75 Cents per minute or fraction thereof over 5 minutes. Songs are licensed at the statutory rate per song and per unit.

There is no minimum number of units required for licensing from us.

Voluntary or Direct Licensing

By request, we will individually negotiate a voluntary or direct license for synchronization use of our sound recordings or music in film, commercial, visual, or stage projects, compilation CDs, permanent or limited use digital downloads, on-demand streaming, website or internet broadcast, television or radio projects, podcast, or ringtone, and for non-profit organization projects.

For general information on the legal aspects of Song and Sound Recording Licensing, the website of the Recording Industry Association of America is extremely helpful at http://www.riaa.com/whatwedo.php?content_selector=whatwedo_licensing. We also highly recommend the website of the Harry Fox Agency at http://harryfox.com/ for general licensing information. Please note, however, that at the present time, the music of Joy Katzen-Guthrie is not within the Harry Fox Agency roster of music available for licensing.

Contact Joy to inquire about Licensing Her Music

Joy Katzen-Guthrie is creator, operator, and web master of this site.
All site content except where otherwise noted ©1999-2013 Katzen and Guthrie Associates, Inc.
Contact Tune-of-the-Century Music®  • 
727-785-4568  (Tampa Bay Area) •  800-354-1302